What we teach
You will learn in a simple, safe, and fun way with the awesome LEK instructors. All learning is hands-on - you learn by doing.
| Set Up, Safety and Kite Flying
- Pump the kite and attach the lines, equipment on
- Safety Actions (LET GO, EJECT, LEASH)
- Steering properly
- Safe launching
- Kite Flying!
| Body Surfing - Get Wet!
- One-handed kite control
- Downwind body surfing
- Upwind one-handed body surfing
- Water Re-launching
| The Board
- Handling the board in the water
- Board Recovery
- Getting the board on your feet
- Standing up for the first time (Water Start)
- Short Lines - learn kite flying without much risk of the kite flying YOU
- Learn Prevention - choosing the right day, place, & gear
- Safety skills like EJECT/Kite Recovery and Self Rescue
- Safety equipment - helmet and life vest
- Cabarete Bay - no dangerous sea creatures nor obstacles in the warm blue water.
Advanced Lessons: Take it to the next level! Jumping, Tricks, Surfing Waves
Kiteboarding for Kids: Our LEK instructors have been specially trained to teach kids as young as 8 years old
Women Specific Lessons: A female owned company and home of KB4girls Cabarete - we love getting more women into the sport!
Refresher: Been a while? We can get you back up to speed quickly and safely, growing your confidence & skills
Yacht Crew: We understand the special lifestyle and cater to YOU!
Lessons + Gear: Our team of specialists work hard to match you with the right gear for you and for your kiting goals
Testimonials from our LEK students via Trip Advisor
The location is perfect, the equipment in great condition, but best of all, Laurel and her staff are the friendliest instructors on Earth.
The people at LEK are pleasant and knowledgeable, but so are the staff at most kite schools in Cabarete. The difference is that the people at LEK get stuff DONE. There is nothing more frustrating than wasting your valuable vacation hours while the staff tries to get their act together. LEK staff from Laurel herself to the guys helping with...
I was a beginner kiteboarder with some experience 2-3 years ago. After training with a great instructor, LEK school sold me some inexpensive, used gear that I could use and not have to rent. I appreciate that they stick to one type of kite, so that I could both get used to the feel of this kite and now own the same kite. They were very practical and fair in their pricing, and helpful throughout the entire week. I will be returning soon as I'm sure there are very few places in the world with such consistent wind and great service!